Monday 1 September 2014

Henry Smith MP Backs Crawley's Newest Hotel

I do like this press release (below the picture) issued by our MP Henry Smith. In it, he highlights three great new additions to Crawley town centre, the employment opportunities they have brought and what it was like to have a leadership at Crawley Borough Council that had aspiration and vision for both our town centre and for Crawley as a whole.

Crawley's newest hotel - Travelodge Crawley
Henry Smith MP has visited the new Travelodge in Crawley town centre, to speak to staff working at the new hotel and to welcome the jobs it has brought to Crawley.

Henry said “It was great to have Travelodge open in Crawley earlier this year, and I am delighted to come down and see it for myself. Speaking to staff and having a look behind the scenes provides a valuable insight, which I hope I can use to contribute to the debate about the future of our town. This is yet another example of a national company showing confidence in Crawley by opening here for business. I am of course pleased that this new hotel has created 20 local jobs." 
"Next to the hotel there is the new Morrisons supermarket, which now sees 215 people in 195 new positions. Of these employees, 140 were previously unemployed. I recently visited the nearby Turtle Bay restaurant on its opening night; where 60 new jobs have been created. I must praise the vision of the previous administration at Crawley Borough Council, who showed leadership to enable these businesses to open in our town."

No comments: